Welcome to the OCTGN Game Directory. For instructions to install OCTGN and the various games featured here, click the tabs above. To find more information on a specific game, click the game’s link on the right-hand sidebar. Below is a news feed, showing newest updates and posts from the game pages.
Hi everybody, in an effort to decrease the spam that’s been showing up here lately, I have added a new anti-spam plugin. If your account has been caught as spam and gets locked out, send me a message in the IRC chat (see the “Chat in IRC” header button above) with your username on here.
Following an excellent suggestion by Ben I have added the option to allow the users to adjust the number of location decks in a game.
In the global tab of release 22.214.171.124 you will now see a “house rules: extra locations” counter above the decks. If you want 1 more location than normal, set the counter to 1 to make it a bit harder, if you want 2 more, set it to 2 etc. You can also make the game easier by setting this to a negative number. In all cases there must be a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 8 location decks!
Someone went ahead and crafter scripts to quickly prepare OCTGN to play on GNU/Linux and Mac. If you’re on either of those platforms, it’s worth a try to see how well it works.
This is a wine bottler basically, so it handles everything you’d need to setup to play OCTGN on Linux/Mac with as little fuss as possible.
One of our intrepid players reported that during the roll for initiative, if both players rolled the same number, a tie, automation broke and you basically had to reset the game and start over. lettucemode jumped right on the problem identified the issue and this release should fix the rare case when this happens.
Sorry for the multiple releases in so short of a time. We try to thoroughly test our changes before we push them out the door, but on occasion bugs do get by and we do apologize when that happens.
lettucemode’s keen eyes figured out that when a spectator was joining the game it was breaking some of the automated scripts like flipping the initiative marker and changing phases. He has done some work to resolve the issue for now. Please let us know if it resolves the problem or if you have any other issues.
lettucemode has done some amazing work this month! We both have working hard to get this release out the door. What’s new? Improved? Fixed?
- Export your spellbook into Forum Code for the mage Wars forums
- Card Proxies now work. F12 will turn on/off this feature in the Spellbook Builder
- When you load you deck, if it is not Validated the cards are removed for the game, you will need to fix the issue with the deck and reload it or reset the game
- More Automation at Game Start – Once your spellbook is validated and you have selected your color, you will be notified to roll for initiative, after the second player has done so, the rolls are automatically compared and the winner is prompted to select the start player and the initiative token is then set accordingly.
- You can turn off the Burn Notification via the Automation | Toggle Auto-resolving Burns menu item
- Started work on improving how cards are handled, especially Enchantments, you are now prompted Y/N when you reveal an Enchantment. This can be toggled on/off via the Automation | Toggle enchantment reveal prompt menu item (looking for feedback on this)
- Fixed a situation for when you place a marker on an unrevealed Enchantment, it would reveal the card name to your opponent in the chat window
- Added additional notifications in the chat window so you can easily trace what has transpired during the game, like when you flip the Action Marker
- Corrode markers now have a shortcut: Alt+C
- Burns work on Conjurations now
- Attempt to resolve Initiative Marker not flipping
- The Vine Marker can now be flipped for mirror matches
- Walls (as well as all cards) can be rotated to the 4 cardinal directions (the pointy end faces out)
- The Druid has her Treebond marker on her now when she is revealed
- The Necromancer has his Eternal Servant marker on him when he is revealed
- Cards that start with Generic Tokens (Load/Mist) have a that token on them when they are revealed
- Invisible/Visible marker on the Invisible Stalker is now automated and is placed on the Invisible Stalker automatically when it is revealed
- Taunt Markers are placed on Thorg and Sorsoksu when revealed
- Card Proxies now work, you will note some new columns in the Spellbook Builder (SBB), and those are used for this purpose. The layout of the columns has changed as a result. Let me know if you would prefer a different order, I will try my best to accommodate any requests along these lines, but we retain final ruling on items such as this.
- Alternate Play work has started. You can now flip the board over and use ACG’s Zone marker cards to layout your own board size. Many thanks goes out to ACG, he has made me several versions of the card with the Compass on it (flip the regular zone card to reveal the Compass card), multi-player (3+) does appear to work, though automation is not fully working when changing phases
- Spectating has been released for OCTGN as a whole and it works very well with the Mage Wars OCTGN module – please let us know if you have problems when people spectate.
- There is an updated image pack which contains the cards for alternate play from ACG’s which can be found here.
- You can also just down load a small image pack with just the cards for alternate play from also here.
- Complete the start game automation
- A place for cards that have been Obliterated to live
- More spell casting improvements
- Export your Spellbook into the AW SBB format
- Spell count enforcement (in game and SBB)
Ideas and requests are always welcome…….if you have an issue or bug please report it to us and we will try to get it fixed
Thanks! The Mage Wars on OCTGN team
The censored image packs for Fear and Loathing as well True Colors are finally available. Grab them from the sets page
Another small release, fixing a few resourcing bugs and requests.
* You may now override resourcing restrictions.
* Re-resourcing cards should stack them properly now.
* Resource counts should be more stable on cards now.
- Quest Completed: Target the card you want to access before playing it.
- Tallie Perrault: Not triggered automatically when Operations are trashed. Just double click her when appropriate
- Blackguard: Rez not automated. Corp has to manually do it after exposing.
- Blackmail: Does not check for BP.
Also, that damn Subliminal Messaging was a complete PITA to code. It forced me to write a whole new trigger hook just for itself >_<
Image packs not uploaded (not for TC either) since I have no time to craft censored versions. If anyone wants to step up and blur the card texts and send them to me, I’d appreciate it.
Release 126.96.36.199 includes the new cards from set 4 and automates the special setup instructions for a couple of the scenarios.
With the addition of the magical spyglass item, I’ve updated the “look at” functions for location decks.
ctrl+1 = look at top card, ctrl+2 = look at top 2 cards and ctrl+3 = look at top 3 cards.
Holding shift while doing these operations looks at the bottom (1, 2, or 3) cards.
When starting the adventure, load in your saved campaign deck and then load in the new Box-RiseOfTheRunelords-4.o8d file. Finally load in your characters.
Get scanning and enjoy!