Android: Netrunner is an asymmetrical cyberpunk Card Game for two players made by Fantasy Flight Games.
Set in a dystopian, cyberpunk future where monolithic megacorps own and control the vast majority of human interests. While corporation players try to score points by advancing their agendas, they have to guard their intellectual properties from the elite and subversive hackers known as netrunners.
This is a game definition for the Online Card and Tabletop Gaming Network (OCTGN). Its card effects are almost completely automated to allow for smoother play and prevent mistakes
This site is the repository of all things related to this game definitiojn. Please check the header above for such things such as installation instructions, tutorials, and contributions information.
You can see the latest news and updates below.
This should stop that annoying message in the lobby. Lemme know if you encounter any issues.
Today OCTGN pushed out an update which unfortunately ended up killing all scripts in most available game definitions, including Android:Netrunner. Unfortunately this went live without me being notified so by the time I found out, I had just arrived at work and couldn’t push out a fix until 10 hours later.
Nevertheless, I have now pushed out an emergency fix which should have taken care of this. However a result of this is that when hosting a game, you will see the following message in the lobby
I am aware of it. You do not need to inform me. I’ll be pushing out an update to make it disappear ASAP.
If you see a different message, or if your scripts still don’t work: RESTART OCTGN
Thanks for understanding
After a longer delay than usual, Breaker Bay is now available for online play via OCTGN. All cards have been scripted but as always, please take note of the following
- Hacktivist Meeting: Trash will happen after card is rezzed, so if the corp doesn’t have a card they can still play non-ice. Don’t do it.
- Off Campus Apartment. Use it like Personal Workshop, not like a Daemon. Target connection from hand then DC it. In case you’ve already played the connection, you can target it and DB the OCA to host it manually after the fact.
- Haley Kaplan: Manual use
- Comet: Manual Use
- Turing: Lose clicks manually.
- Should prevent the runner using automated effects to fetch specific cards from their Heap, but won’t prevent AR Lab Access.
- Breaker bay Grid: Manual use (Target card to rez and DC)
And as always, enjoy!
The first data pack of the new cycle is now available. The Valley is rezzed!
As always almost everything is automated, including the new Jinteki hidden ID. Simply double click it before your first turn to select it and double click it again to flip and use it.
- Clot: Not scripted but will remind the corp
- Paige Piper: Manual use after you install a card
- Adjusted Chronotype: Manual use
- Enhanced Vision: Will show only the title of the card
- Jinteki Bioteck: You will have to choose your department at the start of your first turn (You can also double click to do it before F1)
- Negotiator: Break with Credits manually.
Also an extra change: The Autoscripter has been switched to manual use to avoid automatically working when installing from heap or stack.
It’s been a long time since I extracted some stats, so now that the second stimhack league is over, I have finally done another one. This time the number of games is more than 400.000 which is bringing my spreadsheet editor to its knees while preparing it for anonymizing.
You can find the latest export raw data here
I’ve also gone ahead and separated the Second Stimhack league (SHL2) stats as well. This is about 4000 very competitive games for the period of November 2014 – January 2015
Order and Chaos has been finally rezzed! Apologies for taking longer than usual, but…life happened.
I pushed this without testing extensively in multiplayer scenarios, so a bug or two might have slipped through. Please lemme know if you find any.
I also should have fixed the annoying bug where you lost control of your remote server cards after the runner accessed them.
- Titan Transnational: Will always put an agenda counter. I don’t see why not and it will speed up play.
- Constellation Protocol: Manual use
- Mark Yale, credit for spending Agenda Counter is manual use. When using his ability to spend agenda counters, he gives you automatically 3 credits (2 for ability + 1 for trait)
- Space Camp: After it’s triggered, double click on any of your cards to add an advancement counter.
- Wormhole: Manually use the ICE you want after using Wormhole
- Housekeeping: Just announces to remind the runner. Runner should trash on their own.
- Satellite Grid: not automated. You’ll have to take care of the relevant effects manually.
- The Twins, doesn’t check ICE sameness
- Sub Boost: Double click on the sub boost to end the run
- Dedicated Technician Team: Manual use. Double click to remove a credit
- Edward Kim: Manual use but is mandatory, so make sure you do it.
- Itinerant Protesters: Manual Tracking (for now)
- Knifed/Spooned/Forked: You can use them to trash ICE if the corp is too slow. Target ICE and Double-Click
- Eater: Will put marker to remind you, but will not prevent access. Just select 0 cards.
- Hivemind: Cannot make it host the viruses everywehre, so if you want to spend them for something (e.g. Datasucker), just drag the marker there, or target that ICE and DC Hivemind to transfer the Virus counter.
- Progenitor has 3 MU of RAM, but don’t host more than 1 proggie.
- Archives Interface: Manual Use. Do it before accessing
- Qianju PT: Manual use for starting the effect
- The dummy Sac. Clone card won’t trash itself when used. Will fix later.
The Source is now rezzed in OCTGN. As always everything is automated with a few kinks (see below). Also in order to make Utopia Shard, I had to rework my Accessing Agendas code a bit to take into account the extra cost. So I decided to make a proper job and took into account cards like Fetal AI and NAPD Contracts. Those will now be taken into account during Agenda steal-cost calculations (but not stuff like Red Herrings though) and you will see this cost on the button you use to steal the agenda. Furthermore, if you don’t have enough money, the game will allow you to abort the steal.
More so, if you access an agenda in R&D but don’t steal it, the game will also inform the corp about it. So make sure you steal any agendas which don’t have a relevant cost.
Tricker cards in The Source:
- Markus: First subroutine just announces.
- Turtlebacks: Manual Use
- Shoot the Moon: Will rez all targeted ICE. Don’t exceed the tags!
- Self-Destruct will require that you target all cards in the server to get the appropriate trace value.
- Sage doesn’t put +1 tokens. Track strength manually.
- Ioxidae: Manual Use
- Due to the special circumstances on what constitutes a “Jack Out” in ANR its use is manual on an ETR or if the runner just presses ESC after seeing an ETR they cannot break to speed things up)
As always, enjoy!
All That Remains has been rezzed in OCTGN. I wasn’t planning to finishing it this week (due to lack of time) but I realized I broke all MU calculations when I tried to save some of my code online so I needed to urgently push it out as a fix.
I hope y’all appreciate how much I love ya
Anyway, all should be working fine now, with MU tracking getting a significant boost in consistency. Runner MU will automatically refresh every time a card changes groups (e.g. grip to table, heap to grip etc) which will allow cards like Ekomind to work properly.
This should have the fortunate side-effect that all MUs should be far more accurate and the game will remind the player to trash programs even when they’re not installing one currently (e.g. Bad Times)
I will prolly use infrastructure to track link in the future as well.
Here’s the tricker stuff for this expansion:
- Hostile Infrastructure: Manual Use
- Executive Boot Camp: TurnStart Rez is manual use
- Lycan: Not scripted. Track manually.
- Snatch and Grab: Trace effects not automated, only announces.
- Lela Patel: Manual Use
- Zona Sul Shipping: doesn’t trash automatically on tag
The Blue Sun division
Another month, another ANR expansion is rezzed and available on OCTGN. Inject gave me a bit of trouble but nothing I can’t handle
Here’s what you should know…
- Labyrinthine Server: Just Announces
- Blue Sun: Will not consider cards which increase rez costs
- Changeling: Not scripted. Track manually
- Hades Fragment: Manual Use
- Astrolabe: Manual Use
Also did a number of bug-fixes that were reported lately
- SoT on LARLA should now trash before LARLA resolves
- Woman in the red dress will now announce when the corp has finished looking at the card and left it in R&D.
- Data Dealer should now exile Shi.Kyu, but can also target Corp cards due to this. Don’t!
- Social Engineering will now only get money from the target ICE
- Mutated ICE can now use Subroutines
- LARLA shouldn’t clear runner currents anymore
- Port Anson Grid and Kitsune should now work (nobody played them until now?)
So yeah, enjoy your Blue Sun shenanigans!
The latest set for ANR is now rezzed and available on OCTGN. Restart your clients to receive the latest updates.
All cards have been automated, but keep in mind the following:
- IQ: Rez Cost is tracked but not STR. Track that manually.
- Port Anson Grid: Not automated. Don’t jack out.
- The News Now Hour: Not automated. Don’t play currents.
- Manhunt: Manual Use
- Wendigo: Not Automated. Track manually.
- Order of Sol: Manual Use.
- Hades Shard: Shards can be installed manually when you’re about to access. Simply drag them to the table and they’ll skip their cost, and set the run to succeed, bypassing all costs. Warning this will bypass all corp acknowledgement, so make sure you use it after the corp has given the OK to access.
- Rachel Beckman: Won’t trash automatically when tagged.