One of our intrepid players reported that during the roll for initiative, if both players rolled the same number, a tie, automation broke and you basically had to reset the game and start over. lettucemode jumped right on the problem identified the issue and this release should fix the rare case when this happens.
Sorry for the multiple releases in so short of a time. We try to thoroughly test our changes before we push them out the door, but on occasion bugs do get by and we do apologize when that happens.
lettucemode’s keen eyes figured out that when a spectator was joining the game it was breaking some of the automated scripts like flipping the initiative marker and changing phases. He has done some work to resolve the issue for now. Please let us know if it resolves the problem or if you have any other issues.
lettucemode has done some amazing work this month! We both have working hard to get this release out the door. What’s new? Improved? Fixed?
- Export your spellbook into Forum Code for the mage Wars forums
- Card Proxies now work. F12 will turn on/off this feature in the Spellbook Builder
- When you load you deck, if it is not Validated the cards are removed for the game, you will need to fix the issue with the deck and reload it or reset the game
- More Automation at Game Start – Once your spellbook is validated and you have selected your color, you will be notified to roll for initiative, after the second player has done so, the rolls are automatically compared and the winner is prompted to select the start player and the initiative token is then set accordingly.
- You can turn off the Burn Notification via the Automation | Toggle Auto-resolving Burns menu item
- Started work on improving how cards are handled, especially Enchantments, you are now prompted Y/N when you reveal an Enchantment. This can be toggled on/off via the Automation | Toggle enchantment reveal prompt menu item (looking for feedback on this)
- Fixed a situation for when you place a marker on an unrevealed Enchantment, it would reveal the card name to your opponent in the chat window
- Added additional notifications in the chat window so you can easily trace what has transpired during the game, like when you flip the Action Marker
- Corrode markers now have a shortcut: Alt+C
- Burns work on Conjurations now
- Attempt to resolve Initiative Marker not flipping
- The Vine Marker can now be flipped for mirror matches
- Walls (as well as all cards) can be rotated to the 4 cardinal directions (the pointy end faces out)
- The Druid has her Treebond marker on her now when she is revealed
- The Necromancer has his Eternal Servant marker on him when he is revealed
- Cards that start with Generic Tokens (Load/Mist) have a that token on them when they are revealed
- Invisible/Visible marker on the Invisible Stalker is now automated and is placed on the Invisible Stalker automatically when it is revealed
- Taunt Markers are placed on Thorg and Sorsoksu when revealed
- Card Proxies now work, you will note some new columns in the Spellbook Builder (SBB), and those are used for this purpose. The layout of the columns has changed as a result. Let me know if you would prefer a different order, I will try my best to accommodate any requests along these lines, but we retain final ruling on items such as this.
- Alternate Play work has started. You can now flip the board over and use ACG’s Zone marker cards to layout your own board size. Many thanks goes out to ACG, he has made me several versions of the card with the Compass on it (flip the regular zone card to reveal the Compass card), multi-player (3+) does appear to work, though automation is not fully working when changing phases
- Spectating has been released for OCTGN as a whole and it works very well with the Mage Wars OCTGN module – please let us know if you have problems when people spectate.
- There is an updated image pack which contains the cards for alternate play from ACG’s which can be found here.
- You can also just down load a small image pack with just the cards for alternate play from also here.
- Complete the start game automation
- A place for cards that have been Obliterated to live
- More spell casting improvements
- Export your Spellbook into the AW SBB format
- Spell count enforcement (in game and SBB)
Ideas and requests are always welcome…….if you have an issue or bug please report it to us and we will try to get it fixed
Thanks! The Mage Wars on OCTGN team
lettucemode and I have been hard at work preparing the next release for all of the denizens of the Mage Wars Arena on OCTGN. What’s new? Improved? Fixed?
- Epic, School, and Mage restrictions are now noted when you validate the deck
- Epic, School, and Mage restrictions are now noted when you load to deck and are noted along with the spell point restrictions. If your spellbook fails validation your player will not be setup, and you will be prompted to restart the game for both players in order to load a valid deck.
- After your deck has been validated, you now select your Mages marker color, additionally, Green and Yellow color markers are now available
- Burns are automatically rolled and applied during the Upkeep phase
- Use a two-sided table option is now “Unselected” by default
- Lots and lots of data cleanup, Mort, IoP, Dissolve, etc
- Added the Attack Bar Card Property which was separated out from the Text Card Property (for future Proxy Card Generation)
- Missing Promo art fixed
- DvN art has been updated
- The official Spellbooks are now included for the Druid and Necromancer
- Slam markers now have a shortcut Alt+S
- New smaller Vine Markers
- Updated help document, should help those just starting out on the OCTGN system
- Proxy Card Generation Implementation
- Initial work on Alternate play. Flip the board over and play out ACG’s portable board cards! A big thanks goes out to ACG for the use of his art!
- Initial work on improving how we handle Enchantments, which will be the first step in a longer term project
- Work on the OCTGN Spellbook Builder (SBB) to import and export your spellbooks to/from the Mage Wars SBB
- Export your OCTGN Spellbook into BBCode to paste into the Mage Wars forum
- More automation/behind the scenes improvements
Instructions to update both the Spellbook Builder Plugin and the updated Image Pack file are here.
Ideas and requests are always welcome…….
Thanks! Your friendly Mage Wars on OCTGN team
From the team here at Mage Wars for OCTGN
lettucemode has stepped in and stepped up quickly! He has updated the spellbook builder’s dll to accurately calculate the Druid’s level 1 Water spellbook cost. Keep your eyes out, we hope to have a couple more updates out here soon.
You will need to download and drop the dll into the:
Make sure that you “unblock” the dll after complete the download. If you need more help with this, click on the Install link above.
Mage Wars v 1.2.10 is up now.
Druid vs. Necromancer support added
- The o8c file has been updated with the DVN cards and you must download the image pack again to get the new art*
- Alternative art for Mages is now included
- The three cards that were errata’ed now have the original cards as alternatives
- Card Numbers for the CoK release have been updated
- Numerous Typo’s fixed
- In-game point calculation works but plugin doesn’t consider druid rule as of yet.
* A few of the DvN cards are low resolution at this time, they will be updated when better art becomes available.
This will be the last release from my hand (Cosworth). sIKE is still very active but needs some help so now is the time to step up if you have some coding skills in python and C#.
Mage Wars v. 18.104.22.168 is up now. It fixes the bug that made playing impossible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
New version (22.214.171.124) is up with new promos from GenCon 2013.
You can find information about the league and register here: